Thursday, October 17
The Neuroscience of Memorable Marketing Content
Advertising/Marketing
Thursday, October 17
3:15 pm - 3:55 pm
LEVEL 3, TAHOMA 2

Speaker

  • Carmen Simon (Speaker) Cognitive Neuroscientist & Founder, Memzy

Description

Regardless of how much content you create, your audiences will only remember 10% of what you share. The other 90% goes in one ear and out the other. Imagine the time and money you could save if you knew how to control what your audience remembers and if you could break through the clutter with content so compelling that people couldn’t ignore your message. Since memory’s main purpose is not to help us keep track of the past, but to help us navigate the future, it’s crucial that you put forth a clear message, and take advantage of all the resources available to you to make your marketing more memorable.

So how do we get people to remember our content? What drives people to make decisions in your favor? The answer lies in the field of neuroscience, understanding how the brain is likely to focus, remember, and make decisions. Cognitive neuroscientist Dr. Carmen Simon’s recent work involves studies that use EEG tools to investigate what people actually remember, and it shows that what people remember after being exposed to messaging is less, and more random, than previously believed.

In this talk, Carmen will explain where attention is processed in the brain, how memories are formed, and how decisions are made. She will share practical tips for creating content that gets remembered, and most importantly, drives people to make decisions in your favor. By understanding the mechanics of memory, you’ll learn how to continue to influence your customers’ decision-making long after they’ve interacted with your content and you’ll be able to create content that’s more memorable and more actionable.

Attend this session and learn:

  • The science behind memory, and why it is at the root of all decision making
  • Apply insights to your content around ways to appeal to people’s reflexes, habits and goals they consider valuable
  • Use practical, evidence-based tools to help you craft memorable content for your customers

Add to my calendar

Google

Create your personal schedule through the official app, Whova!

Get Started