Jobs Posted on the Whova Community Board of 2021 HECMA Virtual Conference: CARE (Creating, Achieving, Rethinking, Evolving)
If you know anyone in the job market, feel free to share with them
Non-clinical Student Care Case Manager/Student Services Advisor 2
Washington State University The Student Services Advisor 2 is responsible for intervention, support, and prevention programs to assist students in distress or encountering challenges that impact their academic and personal success. Coordinates the development, implementation, and/or administration of campus-wide student services programs and initiatives along with advising and counseling students.
Student Affairs Case Manager - Embark@UGA
University of Georgia The Student Affairs Case Manager serves as one of the case managers coordinating support within Student Care and Outreach. The Student Affairs Case Manager also assists the Assistant Dean of Students with the coordination of Embark@UGA, a campus-based initiative that supports students who have experienced foster care and/or homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness. The Case Manager reports to the Assistant Dean of Students.
Case Manager (non-clinical)
Central Washington University USE JOB CODE 4006 The Case Manager manages follow-up care for students in crisis and/or for students with higher needs and provides assessment and referrals for students to both on and off campus resources and services. In addition, the Case Manager also provides crisis intervention, advocacy, referrals, accompaniment, and information on system-wide operations. The position serves as a student advocate for crisis and counsel’s students in follow up situations emphasizing health & safety, referrals & other support needs. All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
https://careers.cwu.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&&siteid=1& USE JOB CODE 4006
Assistant Director of Care ( Student Affairs Program Crd)
University of Florida The Assistant Director for Care is a non-clinical case manager role designed to help students overcome challenges that may impact their personal and academic success at the University of Florida. The Assistant Director for Care (1) is a primary contact for inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and families to support student issues related to distress, crisis and mental health concerns; (2) supports students experiencing distress/mental health issues and/or going through the medical withdrawal process, with a focus on prioritizing issues and coordinating UF and community resources in order to maximize student success (includes significant work with families, faculty, staff, and other affected individuals); (3) is a facilitator of problem solving who hears concerns, interprets policies and procedures, makes appropriate referrals, assists students and others with the understanding of an array of resolution options, and weighs the consequences of a variety of decisions; and (4) is a facilitator of problem solving who hears concerns, interprets policies and procedures, to make appropriate courses of action to aid student’s understanding of Medical Petition process through Dean of Students Office (DSO). This Assistant Director also serves as an on-call staff member in the office during business hours and after hours as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Student Affairs Case Manager - Assessment and Retention
University of Georgia The Student Affairs Case Manager serves as one of a team of case managers for Student Care & Outreach. The position is a generalist position focusing on the broader mission of the office with time spent between general case management, assessment, and retention. The Case Manager reports to the Assistant Dean of Students.
Assistant Dean of Students/Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Loyola University Chicago This position is a member of the Office of the Dean of Students with a significant portion of the responsibilities focused on supporting the efforts of the Office of Equity and Compliance centered on students.
1. In collaboration with the Office for Equity & Compliance (OEC), this position: a. serves as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator; b. manages bias-related/equity-based student matters referred to the Office of the Dean of Students (DOS) utilizing an equitable approach that supports all parties involved; c. oversees the process for responding to formal and informal reports of gender-based misconduct including sexual violence, sexual harassment, stalking, dating violence, sexual exploitation, and sex/gender discrimination by providing support and resource information; d. coordinates between appropriate departments to implement interim measures as needed; e. provides support to maintain, update and track changes to Title IX and bias/equity policies and procedures as they relate to federal and state laws pertaining to unlawful harassment and discrimination; f. supports the OEC and the Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) in the adjudication of Title IX and bias/equity cases by assisting investigators, conduct officers, and university appellate officers.
2. Effectively manages student concern cases using the Maxient case-management system.
3. Contributes to the development of training and education on Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy (CSAA) resources, as well as Title IX and bias/equity policies and procedures for students, staff, and faculty.
Full description can be found via the link.
Clinical Case Manager
San Diego State University The Clinical Case Manager position primarily supports students in connecting to mental health resources in the community through the utilization of assessment and psychotherapeutic interventions. Specifically, this position involves the provision of the following: The full range of case management services, assessment, referral, consultation, coordination of care, and psychotherapy to students from a wide range of multicultural backgrounds presenting complex psychosocial, social, personal, and family problems; crisis/suicide intervention and trauma response/debriefing; prevention education, and training services to individuals (e.g., students, faculty, staff, parents, administrators), campus groups (e.g., student organizations, residence hall communities, fraternities, sororities) and organizational units (e.g., Associated Students, University College's Academic Departments, Student Affairs and Campus Diversity Offices).
Student Basic Needs Case Manager
Boise State University Operating within Student Support provided by Office of the Dean of Students, the Student Basic Needs Case Manager assists in the assessment and implementation of programs and services designed to help meet the needs of under-resourced and high-need students, with an emphasis on those experiencing food and housing insecurity. This position also provides direct service to students experiencing economic hardship and/or seeking out basic need support.
Western Michigan University Title: Case Manager Posting Number: 0605625 Department: VP Student Affairs Grade: F Job Type: Full Time, Regular Pay Type: Exempt Salary Range: Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package. Major Duties: General summary: Coordinate and provide culturally responsive intervention and support across campus for at-risk students and students dealing with crises, life traumas, and other factors that impede student success and well-being.
- Assesses and meets with students exhibiting symptoms of distress. Connects students with internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Builds and maintains relationships with University departmental staff and external agencies and providers, including local hospitals in order to resolve students concerns and provide assistance in a timely manner.
- Follows up on referrals to ensure quality of care and continued progress.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Serve as entry point for the Early Intervention Team (EIT) process and respond to student concerns submitted via the on-line student concern form.
- Prepare and share information regarding students of concern during EIT meetings. Conduct follow-up and coordinate an on-going review of current cases.
See link for full description.
Student Care Coordinator
Vanderbilt University hi all - I don't have a specific job posting yet, but can share that the Office of Student Care Coordination at Vanderbilt will be hiring a Student Care Coordinator very soon! I will be sure to post the link to the HECMA job board when it is posted.
Behavioral Health Intervention Clinician
The Johns Hopkins University Come join the JHU Team as one of our new Behavioral Health Intervention Clinicians. All details regarding this position and our new Behavioral Health Crisis Support Program are outlined in the job posting link above. Feel free to share with your networks. Thank you :)
Case Manager/Communication Coordinator, Non-Clinical
Emory University The Case Manager and Communications Coordinator (non-clinical) reports to the Director, Student Case Management and Intervention Services and is part of a multi-disciplinary team that provides direct service to students via crisis intervention services and case management. Supports effective communication, coordination, and management of cases across Emory University focusing on the needs and interplay between Student Health Services and Psychiatry, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Student Case Management and Intervention Services. Helps identify the resources and support for Emory students who need care, or who are experiencing distress, supporting direct service providers and university partners to ensure effective tracking follow-up.
University of Colorado Denver This position supports students who are exhibiting symptoms of distress through a variety of interventions, referrals, and follow-up services. Responsibilities also include crisis intervention and collaboration and consultation with academic units, CU Denver Housing & Dining, health care providers, parents, and colleagues within the Division of Student Success. The Student Case Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and communicating with medical and behavioral health hospitals, as well as staff, parents, families, or designated emergency contacts regarding student health and safety emergencies. This position participates in campus wide education and other programming efforts which may include evening or weekend events.