Jobs Posted on the Whova Community Board of NYSFAAA NOVICE Training 2022
If you know anyone in the job market, feel free to share with them
Financial Aid Specialist - Student Financial Services
LaGuardia Community College Under the directions from the Financial Aid Manager, the Financial Aid Specialist will provide specialized assistance to students applying for federal, state and institutional aid e.g. Foundation Scholarships. The Financial Aid Specialist will, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, perform the following:
- Identify Foundation Scholarship applicants, and evaluate financial aid records to determine eligibility for donor funds as appropriate. Make adjustments when necessary to eliminate over-awards.
- Review program e.g. Foundation Scholarships eligibility issues specific to students need, satisfactory academic progress, and enrollment adjustments to make appropriate award determination.
- Perform Title IV verification for students selected by the Federal government (includes income verification, selective service compliance, default issues verifying immigration status, etc.) to ensure the accuracy of data reported to the Department of Education.
- Troubleshoot individual student issues on a case by case basis.
- Reconcile Foundation Scholarships and awards at the end of each semester.
-Communicate program activities, deadlines.
-Conduct program orientations, and financial aid workshops for students.
-Assist in processing, disbursing and resolving Federal Title IV program and payment issues.
-Assists in preparation of various management reports.
- Represent the department on and off campus as requested.
- Update appropriate databases and software as needed.
Financial Aid Counselor
Manhattanville College Please visit link to job posting.
Student Financial Services Counselor
Roberts Wesleyan College https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/980954/Roberts-Wesleyan-College/Student-Financial-Services-Counselor
Financial Aid Specialist
Alfred University The Financial Aid Specialist will Advise and counsel students and parents on financial aid, coordinate new student aid applications and documents, and provide back up and assistance to two other Senior Secretary positions. They will maintain several office data bases, and be the primary support secretary for the director, along with having general secretarial functions. This position has been evaluated for compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and is subject to premium pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a payroll week.
Financial Aid Advisor
Hunter College Hunter College seeks two Financial Aid Advisors. One Advisor will report to the Financial Aid Manager and the other Advisor will report to the Financial Aid Specialist. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Financial Aid Advisors will be responsible for the following duties:
-Support timely advising, awarding, distribution, reconciliation and advising services of Financial Aid to eligible students by using knowledge of current and new technology.
-Work as part of a Financial Aid team to address student inquiries.
-Keep abreast of ﬁnancial aid regulations, policies, and procedures.
Student Financial Services Counselor
University of Vermont Provide comprehensive services and support to students and families in managing their University finances. Engage in activities that enhance recruitment, retention and success of the student body. Administer financial aid and student receivables programs in compliance with applicable Federal, State and institutional laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Develop and oversee activities in support of specialized programs or student cohorts. Assist in the research and review of regulations, polices and process assessments.