Jobs Posted on the Whova Community Board of Power Tools for Nonprofits 2022
If you know anyone in the job market, feel free to share with them
Volunteer Houston Program Manager
Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston Please read more and apply online at www.imgh.org/careers.
SERVE HOUSTON Program Manager
Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston Please read more and apply online at www.imgh.org/careers.
Area Program Manager
Literacy Now As an Area Program Manager, you are responsible for managing five school sites by leading your team to ensure the Reading Intervention and Parent Partnership programs are delivered with fidelity in a positive environment. In addition, conduct weekly observations with each program at your designated schools; and organize and communicate logistics for all programs (Reading Intervention, Parent Engagement Workshops, and school program events) to support the strategic direction for Literacy Now. This position is part-time (August-May), 30 hours/week. The current pay for this position is between ($22-$25k).
Volunteer Houston Member Services Coordinator
Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston The Member Services Coordinator is a role within the Volunteer Houston Team. As the Member Services Coordinator, you will recruit and develop relationships with non-profit organizations in the Gulf Coast Region and work with them to meet their virtual and live volunteer needs. You will support those relationships with strategy, communication, and strong customer service. You will also be responsible for increasing the number of engaged and active volunteers who support those agencies’ missions and needs. Within this role, you will have a diverse set of responsibilities, including administrative.
- Full time - Excellent benefits - Innovative team
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center has an exciting opening for an Account Manager! The right candidate is outgoing and organized, enjoys meeting new people, and is a go-getter. You’ll be responsible for recruiting and retaining donor groups to meet the needs of our patients within the community and surrounding regions. Be a part of a dynamic organization, with a flexible work environment and competitive bonus structure! Some jobs change lives…Others save them! Apply today to be a hero while serving your community.
In this role, you’ll:
· Promote the Commit for Life Group and Donor programs to new and existing donor groups. · Review donor groups’ history and study data reports to efficiently grow their donor base. · Meet with donor groups to strategize on the recruitment and marketing plan for each drive. · Complete site inspections to ensure proposed space and location for a blood drive is adequate. · Procure new donor groups by cold calling in designated territory. · Serve as a subject matter expert at speaking engagements and trainings throughout the community about blood biology, blood donation and recruitment practices. · Attend scheduled blood drives, monitor and respond to issues to ensure drive success. · Communicate with territory partners daily to ensure all drive tasks are completed and drive information/logistics are accurate. · Evaluate blood drive success and ask for feedback from hosting donor group to help plan for next drive. · Ensure collection goals are met monthly.
We need someone who has:
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. · 1-3 years related experience and/training to include sales or marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring salespeople who want their work to make a difference!
The Blood Center needs 800 donations every day to meet the needs of our community. Our account coordinators work with account managers to host blood drives with businesses, schools, churches and groups that help us meet that need across Greater Houston area. This is an inside sales position with plenty of room for growth within the organization.
In this role, you’ll:
· Promote The Blood Center’s mission and programs to community groups · Work with blood drive host groups to strategize donor recruitment and marketing plans for each blood drive · Recruit new community groups to host blood drives · Schedule blood drives that maximize collection opportunities and meet monthly goals · Manage logistics of blood drives · Work with territory partner to ensure drives are properly scheduled and goals are met · Maintain CRM · Attend events and presentations · Assist with on-site recruitment of blood donors
We need someone who:
· Has a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university or one to three years related experience · Is available to work weekends and holidays as needed · Is computer literate and can work with Microsoft Office, CRM and scheduling software · Can calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages · Is goal focused
***Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record***
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
Star of Hope Mission Apply online
Grants Manager Extraordinaire
Mental Health America of Greater Houston Do you have 3+ years experience writing incredible grant applications that get funded? Come work someplace where writers are held in high esteem. You’ll love being part of our development squad! Oh- and the PTO and benefits are next level.
Legacy Community Health Social Worker provides a wide range of psychosocial services to patients referred by Legacy providers, including but not limited to: case management, linkages to care, patient advocacy, and psychological and social support.
Guidance & Planning Session (G.P.S) Specialist
Capital IDEAHouston The Guidance & Planning Session Specialist works with the participant’s services team in carrying out the responsibilities related to the successful onboarding of Capital IDEA Houston applicant. The position is responsible for conduct interviews for applicants following procedures and guidelines specific to each program.
Experience and Skill Requirements: • Facilitate Information Sessions with the Eligibility Specialist. • Register and/or troubleshoot clients into the Apricot data base system. • Complete all necessary paperwork. • Assists applicants with the enrollment process. • Provides guidance and support to applicants throughout the application process. • Build and maintain participants’ hard and virtual case files. • Performs data entry of eligible clients into electronic system. • Assists Eligibility Specialist maintains up-to-date and orderly eligibility files. • Provides facilitation to all participants in the On Ramp program. • Proctor various assessments and tests during OnRamps. • Complete GPS/Case Staffing of applicants applying for the CIH program. • Prepare participants’ IEP based on their OnRamps assessments. • Make recommendation on Career Pathway and connect to additional resources, if needed. • Address evaluation survey issues. • Represents Capital IDEA Houston at community events and activities that strengthen our community relationships and promote our services and supports participants. • Presents and hosts events in person and/or virtual in the community • Assist with Quality Control on applicant hard and virtual files • Attends all required training programs • Acts as a backup for other Career Navigators as needed. • Submits Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual reports as required. • Performs other duties as assigned by Participant Services Coordinator.
Programmatic Administrative Responsibilities
• Excellent attention to details • Customer service and/or phone intake background • Strong written and verbal communication skills
Resident Service Ministry
Star of Hope Mission Job Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the physical safety, security and welfare of all residents. Monitor residents in the areas of compliance with all rules, policies and procedures. 2. Oversee the cleanliness and smooth operations of the facility. Monitor Chore/Work Therapy assignments. Provide services with actions and attitudes consistent with a Christ-like manner. 3. Manage facility’s response to emergencies. Provide crisis intervention and support to residents using Biblical principles to minister to their needs. Facilitate conflict resolution between residents and provide mediation. Communicate relevant information to management and case managers immediately and thoroughly. 4. Assist residents with daily needs (i.e. – mail, toiletries, OTC meds, questions and concerns, etc.). 5. Promote good relations between residents and staff by maintaining an atmosphere of cooperation, service to others, and a balance of “grace and truth” consistent with the “Christ Centered community” central to the Star of Hope mission statement. 6. Assist Resident Services Senior Lead Coordinator in completing and maintaining all necessary rosters, logs, folders, reports to ensure the smooth operation of Resident Services department. 7. Communicate, support, and work with other departments to ensure the integrity of care of all residents, including referring residents with specific needs to Program Staff, Spiritual Life Coordinators, Children’s/Youth staff, and Management. 8. Provide advice, admonition, and encouragement from a Biblical perspective when interacting with residents. 9. Report unsafe activities, conditions in all areas of the facility to Management. 10. Complete necessary follow-ups involved in documenting each crisis (Significant Events Reports).
Other Job Responsibilities: 1. Participate in Ministry and prayer activities, as appropriate. 2. Other duties as assigned
Capital IDEA Houston The Industry Specialist works with the participant’s services team in carrying out the responsibilities related to the successful placement of Capital IDEA Houston graduates and developing ongoing engagement and relationships with employers and industry partners. Performance Deliverables: • Employ 90% of program graduates within 90 days of completion of the program • Understand Capital IDEA Houston’s training partners’ curriculum and the intersection with industry-employed needs and standards • Effectively network with corporate executives and community partners to connect the organization and its graduates • Recruit new employer partners to develop employment, internship, and apprenticeship opportunities for Capital IDEA Houston participants and graduates • Analyze occupations and the needs of Capital IDEA Houston participants to meet the twin goals of self-sufficiency for participants and higher productivity for employers • Maintain regular communications among staff, employer representatives, participants, and community partners • Resume building, post-graduation seminars, workforce workshops, and well-being checkups for our graduates • Attend partner meetings and local employment resources events • Develop and host targeted employment resource events for graduates • Meet performance goals and demonstrate behaviors of the organization’s core values and operating agreements • Ensure data accuracy, including but not limited to tracking of employment services to graduates, placement information, and wage increases for graduates and employers • Verify and document initial placement for participants • Submits all required and/or requested documentation/paperwork by assigned due dates • Submits Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual reports as required • Performs other duties as assigned by Operations Coordinator
Buckner International As the Family Hope Center Director at Aldine you will provide leadership, management, and direction to the Family Hope Center staff and professional resources so as to enable them to provide programmatic services in alignment with the Buckner Family Hope Center model. Direct the daily operations of the Family Hope Center to ensure quality services for clients and their families. Ensure service compliance with State licensing standards as well as Buckner’s mission, policies, and procedures. Develop, implement, and integrate a plan to utilize the Family Hope Center programs and services in collaboration with other entities.
Development & Volunteer Coordinator
Houston Area Women’s Center As the Development and Volunteer Coordinator at HAWC you are responsible for overseeing volunteer activities within the organization and for providing administrative support for all Development Department activities. You will perform administrative duties related to fundraising activities, placing volunteers in different roles based on their qualifications and maintaining accurate volunteer and donor records. You will also support the Development Department in strategic planning to increase the capacity of a growing non-profit organization.
Development Operations Manager
Houston Area Women’s Center As the Development Operations Manager you will provide management and coordination of the development procedures, processes (gift entry, generation of donor acknowledgement letters/emails), record keeping (Raisers Edge), and data analysis (financial reconciliation, fundraising reports) that are central to the HAWC fundraising activities. The role facilitates fundraising logistics between the Development Team, CEO, Board/Committees, and external funding resources ensuring the clarity, consistency, and efficiency in executing development operations. The Development Operations Manager is a pivotal role in helping support the advancement of the organization into the future.
Part Time Major Gifts Officer
Christian Community Service Center The Major Gift Officer will steward relationships and solicit gifts from CCSC’s major donor portfolio.