Jobs Posted on the Whova Community Board of Safety-Critical Systems Symposium 2020
If you know anyone in the job market, feel free to share with them
Senior Software Engineer
IVEX IVEX is a startup aiming at reducing the number of traffic victims to zero by 2030. To achieve that goal we are creating software that can guarantee safety of the decisions taken by autonomous cars, using a combination of advanced algorithms and formal methods. We are a small international team working on extremely challenging and interesting technical problems that have a huge societal impact. We are looking for colleagues to join our young startup company to change the world by making self-driving cars safe! We need your help!
In this role you will: - Improve our models to handle complex driving situations - Improve our current safe decision-making algorithms - Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems - Collaborate with other top engineers to create safety critical components for decision making in autonomous cars - Implement algorithms that will run in cars around the world
Please visit our website for more information: https://ivex.ai/senior_software_engineering/
Lead Software Engineer
Ebeni Ltd Ebeni Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join the ETS team, based in Corsham.
Our ETS business unit works across multiple industry sectors and is responsible for systems and software capability, supporting organisations in gaining approval and certification for innovative new systems and products, in the most cost-effective way. We are looking for a driven individual who can lead and support the software team and continue it’s success.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for leading full lifecycle software development activities, in accordance with QMS processes and safety critical/related standards.
• Responsible for leading full lifecycle software development activities in accordance with industry standards
• Work under own initiative to allocate and develop software packages, inline with software requirement specifications
• Review and produce high and low level designs within requirements
• Produce software development processes, including verification and validation processes, ensuring they are followed appropriately
• Technically lead existing projects, ensuring delivery within requirements
• Liaise with customers to elicit and capture software requirements, ready for implementation
• Review and approve team-work
• You will have a higher technical education, in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent professional knowledge
• Experienced in C, C++, Unix, Linux, Oracle SQL and C
• A proven ability to work effectively with clients, through face-to-face, telephone and email interactions
• Able to build good working relationships
• Possess a high level of personal integrity and professionalism
Principal Safety Engineer (Def)
Ebeni Ltd Ebeni Ltd is seeking a Senior / Principal Safety Engineer to join our growing and ambitious Defence and Aerospace team.
At Ebeni, you’ll find yourself working with world-class clients within the Defence Industry and Civilian market and be involved in delivering: Military Air Certification, Equipment Safety Assessment Reports, Independent Technical Evaluation (ITE), Safety Management Plans, Hazard Logs and work on innovative projects with our clients.
The main purpose of this role is to lead tasks and manage projects, while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects, as defined by Project Safety Plans and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
• Identify and create evidence to support system assurance, using safety related activities, to support the traceability of the system safety requirements, to the implementation and operation
• Lead and carry out Hazard Analysis, to define safety requirements and detailed technical system analysis
• Develop safety arguments and lead safety case development
• Liaise with system developers, certification bodies, operators, operational engineering and systems engineering
• University educated with a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline with demonstrable experience
• Significant experience of the application of safety and risk engineering processes to identify hazards, assess risk and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level
• Proven experience of either: HAZOPS, SWIFT, Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis, Zonal Hazard Analysis, Bowtie Analysis etc.
• Working knowledge of UK/EASA and FAA Civil Aviation Publications and UK Defence Standards and MAA Regulatory Articles
• Must hold or be able to obtain unrestricted Security Clearance
Cyber Security Consultant
Ebeni Ltd As a Consultant or Senior Consultant in the Cyber Security and Information Assurance domain of Ebeni, you will be conducting Cyber Security Assessments, assuring Information Security for clients across the Defence, Transport and Energy sectors.
You will be a good communicator with the ability to contribute to technical security discussions and a team player.
You will be based in Corsham, Lincoln or Warrington but flexible to travel to client sites across the UK. Ebeni provides Safety, Security and Engineering consultancy services to a range of clients in Air Traffic Management, Rail, Energy and Defence. The successful candidate will ideally need to be qualified as a CCP SIRA.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing Cyber Security capability in an established and highly regarded company.
• Engaging directly with project teams, clients and stakeholders to support the security risk assessments; providing advice and guidance on all aspects of Cyber Security, including IA, Risk Management and Accreditation.
• Conducting IA elements of Cyber Vulnerability Investigations and Assessments.
• Authoring and developing Information Assurance and Security related documentation, including Risk Management Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS), in line with current security and risk management frameworks.
• Analyse and understand customer requirements, advise on priorities to meet the project needs and effectively communicate information security risks to stakeholders and advise on how best to mitigate security risks.
Experience in information and cyber security is essential, consulting experience is helpful. The ideal candidate will have a broad and deep understanding of cyber security, Information Assurance, risk management and information security compliance and experience of working in the UK Cyber Security environment e.g. to NCSC guidance, CAF etc.
Field Application Engineer, Aerospace & Defense
Wind River The Job: In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River® is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of critical infrastructure systems in aerospace and defense market sector with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
You will work closely with a dedicated account manager on aerospace & defense (A&D) accounts and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services and expertise.
What you’ll do: You must have experience in embedded software engineering, preferably within the defense or commercial aerospace sectors. You should be capable of understanding A&D customers’ problems and be able to white-board solutions using our product offerings and services.
You should also know and have experience of software project development cycles and have a good understanding of project management.
Some travel within France, and occasionally within EMEA and to US will be required.
See Jobvite hyperlink below for further details.
Junior Software Enginer
AdaCore We are looking for a software engineer to join AdaCore’s engineering team, specifically to work on the language library for code intelligence for the Ada/SPARK programming language, and developing tools and libraries. You will be involved with all aspects of software development and will be provided autonomy and responsibilities that will allow for significant growth opportunity.
BAE Systems Maritime Services Challenging opening for a competent product safety professional in the defence domain supporting the Safety Assurance of the UK MoDs Torpedo programmes.
desired experience to include Degree in relevant discipline and relevant training such as the MoDs SEMT.
Submarines Engineering - Hardware Opportunities
Rolls-Royce Group Plc Our Submarines business are currently working on a large campaign in which we are looking for circa 100 engineers across multiple engineering disciplines. As part of this we are looking for a number of people with a strong background in Programmable Hardware Engineering. Controls programmable hardware design Field programmable gate array design Experience of the full programmable hardware lifecycle Safety related programmable hardware Programmable hardware verification & validation Model-based system engineering International programmable hardware standards
Control & Instrumentation Engineers
Rolls-Royce Group Plc Our Submarines business is currently working on a large campaign in which we are looking for circa 100 engineers across multiple engineering disciplines. As part of this we are looking for a number of people with a strong backgrounds in Control & Instrumentation to join us in (but not limited to) – Control Systems Electrical Control & Instrumentation Digital Systems Data Analytics Electronic Systems
Research Assistant / Associate in Cyber-Physical Systems
Newcastle University We are seeking applications for a Research Assistant / Associate position in the area of cyber-physical systems. The successful candidate will work on algorithms and techniques to support scalable verification of hybrid systems. Candidates working on adjacent topics, which contribute to the broad goal of ensuring safety of autonomous systems such as synthesis of hybrid systems, are encouraged to apply as well. Interest in investigating links between formal methods and areas of artificial intelligence such as AI planning and verification of machine learning algorithms is welcome.
If you apply for a Research Associate position, you should have a PhD awarded (or nearing completion) in Computer Science or a related discipline with a good record of accomplishment in publications.
If you apply for a Research Assistant position, you should have an undergraduate or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. You should have passion for efficient algorithms and have solid mathematical background.
You will have demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills and an aptitude for engaging with stakeholders at a local and international level. Finally, you should have the ability to use personal initiative and creativity to solve problems.
Post Available: 1 x full time, fixed term position available immediately for two years with a possibility of extension based on performance and funding availability.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to informally contact Dr Sergiy Bogomolov at firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries regarding the position.
Software Engineering Opportunities
Rolls-Royce Group Plc Our Submarines business are currently working on a large campaign in which we are looking for circa 100 engineers across multiple engineering disciplines. As part of this we are looking for a number of people with a strong background in Software Engineering.
Controls software Embedded real-time software Experience of the full software lifecycle Safety related software Software verification & validation Software application and tool development Model-based software engineering International software standards
Safety Engineers wanted at HS2
High speed 2 We will shortly be advertising for safety engineers, check out hs2 jobs.
Competative salary, pension, diverse set of tasks.
Nova Group May be hard to get work in Australia due to defence clearance and Australian citizenship, however we do have a Offices in UK, Ireland and Norway. Please see website for possible opportunities.