Jobs Posted on the Whova Community Board of SHRM Hawaii State Conference
If you know anyone in the job market, feel free to share with them
Human Resources Specialist II
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Provide support and perform a variety of functions in HR, including leave management, drug & alcohol program, DOT physicals, and administrative duties.
Employee Relations Specialist
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. Responsible for employee relations, including employment investigations, reasonable accommodation interactive process, HR training, and administrative support in employment, benefits, recruitment, internal I-9 audits, and other related duties as required.
Vice President, Paratransit Services
Oahu Transit Services, Inc. The Vice President of Paratransit Services (VP) has the general management responsibility for the entire Handi-Van system. The VP oversees an operation with about 400 employees including paratransit van operators and reservations, scheduling, dispatch, and customer service staff. Maintenance of vehicles and facilities, finance (budgeting, timekeeping, payroll, FTA reporting, accounts payable, etc.), human resources, and information technology are supported through centrally administrative departments. The full complement of TheBus expertise and support services is available to solve special problems. The VP maintains exterior relations with the disability community as well as the responsibility to manage interior matters. The paramount mission for the VP is to drive the program objectives for users rather than just maintaining in-house operations.
Hair & Nail Technician
Sensei Sensei is looking for an exceptional Hair Stylist to perform professional hair treatments and styling for our guests. The Hair Stylist will be expected to provide high-quality, luxury services to guests, and will report to the Spa Manager.
Human Resources Manager
Bishop & Company Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a HR Manager for a healthcare industry, non-profit co. in Honolulu.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partners with leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy.
• Provides support and guidance to staff as complex, specialized, and sensitive issues arise.
• Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
• Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s in HR, Bus. Admin, or related field. Will consider experience level in lieu of education.
• Min. 3 years of HR mgt. experience; Min. 2 years supervisory experience.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, & confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficiency in HRIS and talent management systems.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hospice of Hilo dba Hawaii Care Choices Position Summary: Works closely with the Director of Operations in administering various HR plans for all company personnel. Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Oversees the maintenance of employee records. Administers benefit plan(s) open enrollment and ongoing maintenance of files. Includes advising employees of eligibility and helping with form completion. Responsible for recruitment and onboarding new employees. Oversees job ad boards and keeping candidates in the pike. Maintains the HR information management system and compiles reports for the Director of Operations.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements: Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in cooperation with others. Sound judgement in decision-making and problem solving. Competent working knowledge of MS Office and other business related software. Advanced and efficient use of technology. Comfortable in a digitally driven environment.
Educational and Experience Requirements: Bachelors degree in human resource or business related required. Two (2) years HR managerial work experience. Comparable work experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Hospice experience a plus.