Whova is hiring a Content Strategy Manager who has 3-5 years of experience in content strategy and marketing for software or IT companies.
Whova provides all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, trade shows, networking, and business events. Whova is a fast-growing IT company with customers in more than 100 countries. We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Best Places to Work in San Diego award, four years in a row. We also won the Fastest-Growing Private Companies award in 2018 and 2019.
- Develop content that reflects our brand and mission, drive key impact goals, while focusing on the issues that people care about.
- Build our content marketing engine from the ground up, from strategy to execution to measurement. Plan, conceptualize, and execute content across channels, including SEM, SEO, email, video, articles, issue landing pages, etc.
- Develop the content strategy and information architecture that evolves our product experience to drive acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Make sense of complexity—determine hierarchies of information and content flow partnering with design using site mapping, content hierarchy in wireframes and prototyping for websites, marketing landing pages, blogs, and more.
- Build brand voice, clear narratives, and drive influence across the Whova experience to ensure we’re delivering customer value and comprehension.
The Most Important Skills and Capabilities
- You can write copy that inspires and guides customers into action, including positioning and copy for new features, transactional experiences, and microcopy.
- You can design and execute, test, and iterate on campaigns to drive awareness, consideration & engagement, across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns, in-product).
- You have experience naming or labeling areas of an experience, including new features and site navigation.
- You have outstanding communication skills and can clearly articulate your rationale for content or copy recommendations.
- You can partner with performance marketers on outbound marketing and advertising strategies and programs to drive consumer awareness, adoption, and long-term engagement.
- You are curious and continuously learning about how to engage customers and speak to their pain points.
- You bring order and sense to complexity. You love developing hierarchies of information and developing simple content flows.
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving environment. You can juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic work and detailed execution.
- You have a growth mindset and a positive, action-oriented approach to work.
- 5+ years of experience working as part of a content marketing, product writing, or content strategy team
- 2+ years of experience owning content style, word and phrase lists, terminology glossaries, writer meetings.
- 1+ years of experience in leading and mentoring others
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
It is extremely rare for a candidate to have 100% of the qualifications listed for any open position. If you feel that you could be a good fit for this role but are missing some skills/experience listed above, please apply anyway!
This is a full-time role , and while we do strongly prefer folks living in San Diego , we are open to folks in any pacific time zone location as the role will be remote for the foreseeable future. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
How to Apply?
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be in touch with you soon.