Corporate Recruiter/HR Associate
Whova is seeking a full-time in-house Corporate Recruiter/HR Associate located in the Sorrento Mesa area of San Diego, CA. Whova, Inc revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, expos globally every day. Whova is backed by Venture Capital in Silicon Valley as well as US government funding, with customers in America, Europe, Asia, etc.
Whova is a fast-paced, people-oriented company seeking an exceptional professional to serve as the recruiter and talent manager for our sales and customer support team and will grow with the company.
This role will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, evaluating, recommending for hire, and then securing a steady stream of premiere prospective team members.
Whova has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2017. Two years in a row after receiving it in 2016.
- Actively source, engage, and capture high-potential individuals for sales and customer support team
- Build value and growth in the company directly through engaging and capturing high-output new hires
- Build a pipeline of passive and active candidates in a competitive market, through networking, cold solicitation, the innovative leveraging of modern tools, and other creative methods
- Screen candidates for candidate background, education, skills, objectives, and fit with the company
- Lead the interview process, teaming with managers to ensure interview effectiveness and efficiency, while maintaining compliance, and to ensure an efficient, positive candidate experience throughout all stages of the recruitment process
- Create and modify job descriptions to ensure that they accurately reflect job requirements and appropriately promote the Company and advertised positions
- Engage the community through external events and initiatives such as job fairs, college relations, and outreach
- Support operations by performing employee-centric HR administrative tasks including onboarding, benefits and referral programs, compliance activities, and policy maintenance
- Must have excellent communication skills, and be able to effectively present information verbally and in written form
- Must be discreet, energetic, self-starting, self-managed, ethical, and have impeccable attention-to-detail, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and be success-motivated, with the commitment to work as necessary to accomplish assigned objectives successfully
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1-2 years experience in recruiting
Interested candidates should supply resume and cover letter to email@example.com, describing qualifications in detail.