Whova is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Engineer! You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will be responsible for building and improving the infrastructure supporting the backend services across all Whova products.
Whova provides an all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, tradeshows, networking and business events. Whova is a fast-growing company with customers in more than 50 countries.
Whova is proud to be a winner of the San Diego Business Journal’s the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, four years in a row.
Whova also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award from the San Diego Business Journal in 2018 and 2019.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Scale the infrastructure by designing and implementing technical solutions to current and future bottlenecks
- Improve the reliability, availability and performance of the infrastructure using modern infrastructure practices and tools
- Improving internal processes, tooling, monitoring and alerting
- Conduct operations on our production and development infrastructures
- Coordinate with product and QA teams to build development and testing environment enabling developers
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- You have a deep understanding of how the computer system works
- You are comfortable writing Python
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- Base salary, medical benefits, paid sick and vacation leave
- Fast growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
- In-office gym
- Pizza Fridays 🙂
How to Apply
- Send your resume to email@example.com