We are hiring a marketing assistant intern who will work on various marketing and cross-departmental projects that require graphic design and writing skills as well as strong self-exploration capabilities. Possible to convert to a full-time in the future, depending on the performance.
Whova provides all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, and network events. Whova is a fast-growing software company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, Harvard, HP, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, HP, Adidas, Godiva, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc.
We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in San Diego award in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, four years in a row.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Strong self-learning and self-exploration capability especially with software
- Ability to explain how to use technology in easy-to-understand words
- Fluency in digital design and video editing software (e.g., Canva, Illustrator, After Effect, Premiere Pro)
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative team by taking constructive feedback to achieve the best outcomes
- Willing to learn new things, take various projects even including tedious tasks, and complete them with a strong work ethic
- At least 1 year of off-campus working experience
How You will Make an Impact
- Collect frequently asked technical questions, explore the products to find the answers and write accurate and easy-to-follow FAQs
- Design and update marketing visuals (e.g., images for blogs, brochures, infographics, videos, websites)
- Assist a UI/UX team for graphic designs for our products
- Help on various marketing operations (e.g., email marketing, website maintenance, research, analysis, data entry)
What You will Gain
- Hourly compensation
- Various experiences in marketing, communication, and collaboration at a fast-growing software company
- Possible to be full-time in the future, depending on the internship performance
How to Apply?
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a portfolio demonstrating your visual communication skills as well as the ability to use related software (e.g., digital images you created, animated or edited video) to email@example.com. Also, feel free to send us your writing samples if any (e.g., web copies, blogs, product descriptions, manuals).