Whova is seeking a full-time UI/UX designer! As a UI/UX Designer, you will work with the product team to develop new features and improve existing features across Whova’s web and mobile products. Your role will contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product and interaction. Online portfolio required to apply.
Whova provides an all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, tradeshows, networking and business events. Whova is a fast-growing company with customers in more than 50 countries.
Whova is proud to be a winner of the San Diego Business Journal’s the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2016 and 2017, two years in a row.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Work with the product team to develop new features and improve existing features across Whova’s web and mobile products
- Define problems and research and design solutions to create smooth user flows and interactions
- Convey concepts through wireframes, flows, storyboards, and mockups
- Conduct user research to identify problems and validate designs; have a user-focused mentality
- Own the design process and maintain a design system for a consistent user experience
- Show the ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Ability to work well in an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Background or degree in product design (UX/UI) or other related fields
- 1-3 years of experience designing and shipping products for web and mobile
- Fluency in digital design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience conducting user research, user testing, and building low-fi and high-fi prototypes
- Love making things beautiful using a strong understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Organized and pay great attention to detail