International Men’s Day (IMD), recognized on November 19th, is a worldwide event, celebrating the positive value men bring to the world, their families, and communities. It’s a time to highlight positive role models and raise awareness of men’s experiences and well-being.
This year’s theme is “Making a Difference for Men and Boys”. IMD encourages men to teach the boys in their lives the values, character, and responsibilities of being a man. Mahatma Gandhi said, “We must become the change we seek.” This is a free event targeting men and young boys of every nationality in our community.
The program will include:
1. History of International Men’s Day
2. Objectives of International Men's Day
3. Recognizing the Barriers and Challenges of Men
4. Recognizing the Importance of Men’s Health & Wellness
5. Presentation from our Young Men - 30 Great Manhood Quotes
6. Recognition of the twenty-five (25) nominated “Unsung Male Role Models”, including a special award to the “Distinguished Unsung Male Role Model”.