The LLVM Developers' Meeting is a bi-annual gathering of the entire LLVM Project community. This year we will be having our first virtual event!
The conference is organized by the LLVM Foundation and many volunteers within the LLVM community. Developers and users of LLVM, Clang, and related subprojects will enjoy attending interesting talks, impromptu discussions, and networking with the many members of our community. Whether you are a new to the LLVM project or a long time member, there is something for each attendee.
What can you can expect at an LLVM Developers' Meeting?
- Technical Talks
- These 30 minutes talks cover all topics from core infrastructure talks, to project's using LLVM's infrastructure. Attendees will take away technical information that could be pertinent to their project or general interest.
- Tutorials are 50-60 minute sessions that dive down deep into a technical topic. Expect in depth examples and explanations.
- Lightning Talks
- These are fast 5 minute talks that give you a taste of a project or topic. Attendees will hear a wide range of topics and probably leave wanting to learn more.
- Student Research Competition
- Students present their research using LLVM or related subproject. These are usually 20 minute technical presentations with Q&A. The audience will vote at the end for the winning presentation and paper.
- Poster Session
- An hour long session where selected posters are on display, with the presenters available for learning more on each poster.
- Round Table Discussions
- Informal and impromptu discussions on a specific topic. During the conference there are set time slots where groups can organize to discuss a problem or topic.
- Birds of a Feather
- More formal discussions on a specific topic that is usually guided by a slide deck.
- Ample opportunities for networking during breaks, poster session, round tables, and a reception.
What types of people attend?
- Active developers of projects in the LLVM Umbrella (LLVM core, Clang, LLDB, libc++, compiler_rt, klee, lld, etc).
- Anyone interested in using these as part of another projects.
- Students and Researchers
- Compiler, programming language, and runtime enthusiasts.
- Those interested in using compiler and toolchain technology in novel and interesting ways.
The LLVM Developers' Meetings strive to be the best conference to meet other LLVM developers and users.
For future announcements or questions: Please sign up for the LLVM Developers' Meeting list.