Whova is hiring a full-time Accountant who will help with reconciliation, financial reports, billing/invoicing, bookkeeping, etc. 2-3 years of accounting experience are highly desired.
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova mobile app and event management software for conferences and trade shows globally every day. Whova is a fast-growing software company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc.
We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in San Diego award, four years in a row. We also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
How You will Make an Impact
- Responsible for month-end closing, reconciliation, financial reports, deferred revenue, journal entries, and bookkeeping
- Ensure revenue recognition is accurate and compliant with GAAP
- Process the day-to-day AP/AR (invoicing, billing)
- Assist on sales commission calculation, expense tracking and analysis
- Handle inquiries from the sales team and customers regarding invoices, contracts, payments, and anything related to finance
- Play an active role in finding potential issues, staying up-to-date with and apply new compliance, and ensuring the accuracy of various financial reports including tax-related documents
- Perform additional duties and assignments that help ensure a smooth and efficient business process. Assist on HR/ office administration occasionally, including but not limited to company event planning, financial planning for benefits, vendor relation, etc.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Organized, attention-to-detail, self-disciplined, and self-learning
- Discreet and professional demeanor; displays sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Proactive, initiative, and collaborative
- Strong work ethic with a high desire to accomplish assigned objectives successfully
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment with well-honed time-management skills
What You will Gain
- Base salary, medical benefits, and paid sick and vacation leave
- Various experiences in accounting, communication, corporate sales and customer interaction in a fast-growing software company
- Fast-growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter, describing qualifications in detail (firstname.lastname@example.org)