IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, DO NOT USE WHOVA
1. Information Available in Whova Services Whova aggregates publicly available information from company web pages, university web pages, news pages, public social network profiles, publication databases, patent databases, and other public sources (“Public Information”). This Public Information is available to public directly from those sources (even without Whova). Whova does not verify and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this Public Information. For certain social network websites, Whova will only get and show information if users provided corresponding login credentials. It is user’s responsibility to validate and revise his own profile information in the Whova app.
2. Remove your information from Whova Services You have a choice to remove your information from Whova services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After verification (we will need you to verify that you are removing your own information instead of others), we remove your information from Whova Service. Note that since Whova collects information from Internet, having information removed from Whova Service does not mean that it is removed from its original data sources. In the Whova app, user can also validate and revise his own profile.
3. Personal Information Whova Collects
- a) Whova Services collects information about your usages. This may include information about any IP address used to access Whova Services and your activities on Whova Services. This is intended to help us improving Whova Services to give users better experience.
- b) Whova collects information that you provide in creating an account at Whova Services. This may include information such as your name, email address, social network sign- in. We do not provide your information to any third party (subject to Section 4 below).
- c) Whova allows you to retain and access Your search history and bookmark profiles on selected Whova Services. You may delete one or all at any time when Whova Services are available. Whova does not share your history and bookmarks with any third party (subject to Section 4 below).
- d) Certain functionalities of Whova Services require you to enter personal information to access your accounts with third-party websites, such as third-party social networks and websites. Your third-party login credentials will be stored for your convenience of continuously accessing the third party information upon your requests. We do not use this information for any other purpose. Your third-party login credentials are hashed and stored with the strictest security standards.
4. Use and Sharing of Personal Information
- a) Whova may use Personal Information you provide to Whova Services to create and maintain your account, to personalize your experience, and to send periodic email communications relating to Whova Services. Whova does not sell, exchange, transfer, or give this type of Personal Information to any other company without your consent.
- b) Whova may use Personal Information about your use of Whova Services to improve our services. Whova may also use services and technologies provided by other companies such as Google Analytics to assist Whova in understanding how you use Whova Services. As a result, information about how you use Whova Services may be available to these other companies such as Google to the extent that their technology collects such information for Whova’s use. Whova actively protects your usage anonymity and does not distribute personally identifiable information about your use of Whova Services to any third parties other than as described above.
- c) Whova reserves the right to disclose Personal Information to third parties if required to do so by law, or if Whova has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety.
- d) Whova reserves the right to transfer Personal Information to any successor in interest to the Whova’s business.
5. Children’s Privacy
- a) Whova Services is directed to people who are at least 18 years old, and Whova does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are aware that Whova has collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 18, please alert Whova at email@example.com and the information will be removed from our system as soon as is reasonably possible. This policy regarding collection of data from children exceeds the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- b) Whova does not knowingly aggregate or provide Public Information about people under the age of 18. Whova’s email search may return Public Information about children between the ages of 13 and 18 because this Public Information originates from third-party social networking sites and websites that permit children who are 13 years and older to create public profiles.
6. Security We have tried our best in removing any possible security holes in our released browser extensions and apps, but since it is hard to 100% verify software, we cannot provide 100% guarantee that Whova Services has zero security vulnerability. Whova is not responsible for any security issues caused by Whova Services. Contacting Whova If you have any further questions or feedback, please contact us to let us know.