Whova is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant (accounting assistant) who will help with billing/invoicing, reconciliation, bookkeeping, and other business operations. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova mobile app and event management software for conferences and trade shows globally every day. Whova is a fast-growing software company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Vertafore, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc.
We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 Best Places to Work in San Diego award, four years in a row. We also won the Fastest-Growing Private Companies award in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Process the day-to-day accounting operation including invoicing, billing, bookkeeping, month-end closing, reconciliation, etc.
- Handle inquiries from the sales team and customers regarding invoices, contracts, payments, and anything related to finance
- Perform expense tracking and sales commission calculation
- Occasionally help on HR / office management including but not limited to company-wide event planning, office inventory management, and purchasing.
- Perform additional duties and assignments that help ensure a smooth and efficient business process
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-disciplined, and self-learning
- Collaborative, initiative, and proactive
- Displays sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment with well-honed time-management skills
- Business acumen and the ability to professionally interact with people inside and outside the company
- Strong work ethic with high desire to accomplish assigned objectives successfully
- Willing to learn and constantly looking for ways to improve yourself
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of working experience in administrative or accounting jobs (preferred)
- Base salary, medical benefits, and paid sick and vacation leave.
- 401(K) eligible 6 months after employment
- Various experiences in team building, communication, bookkeeping and finance, office management and HR
- Fast-growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment