This is a full-time in-house position located in San Diego, CA.
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, and expos globally everyday.
Whova is a fast-growing company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Vetafore, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc. We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in San Diego award, 5 years in a row. We also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award for 3 years. More recently, we won Event Technology Awards’ Best Product Team Award, and Global Top Rated Product in 2022. Currently, we are named as G2’S Global Top 50 Best Software for 2022.
We are a fast-paced, people-oriented company seeking candidates who like working directly with customers and will grow with us. This role is ideal for someone sales-minded who is looking for a career path that offers a future in sales, marketing, or account management. As an inside sales representative, your primary focus will be developing customer relationships and selling our event application to prospective customers using email, social media, and outbound calling.
- Cultivate strong relationships with prospective customers
- Engage prospective customers via phone, email, and outbound warm calls from leads generated by marketing
- Qualify prospects and manage a pipeline to close
- Identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the market, products and benefits
- Perform effective demos of products and services
- Close sales, impact sales results, and achieve monthly quotas
- Accurately report on activity related to customer interactions via CRM
Desired skills and experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Self-assured, results-driven, and outgoing
- Adaptable and able to manage time effectively
- Professional, fast and eager learner, and a team-player
- 1-3 years of experience in inside sales, sales or event organizing preferred
What we offer
- $38K-$42K base + bonuses per month if delivering quotas + monthly commissions after promotion to an account manager or account executive. The base salary depends on experience in B2B sales (sales development or closing experience, cold calling, software as a service sales experiences, door-to-door sales etc.)
- Health benefit package
- 3 weeks paid time off, 3 days paid sick leave
- In-office work and training
- Fast-growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
- Two company-provided lunches each week
- Working from home every Friday