This is a full-time inhouse position located in San Diego, CA. Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, expos globally everyday. Whova is a fast-growing company and are backed by Venture Capital in Silicon Valley as well as US government funding, with customers in America, Europe, Asia, etc. Our easy-to-use app brings people together. Whova is centrally located in the Sorrento Mesa area of San Diego.
We are a fast-paced, people-oriented company seeking candidates who like working directly with customers and will grow with us.
This role is ideal for someone sales-minded who is looking for a career path that offers a future in sales, marketing, or account management. As an inside sales representative, your primary focus will developing customer relationships and selling our event application to prospective customers using email, social media, and outbound calling.
Whova has recently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2017. Two years in a row after receiving it in 2016.
- Cultivate strong relationships with prospective customers
- Engage prospective customers via phone, email, and outbound warm calls from leads generated by marketing
- Qualify prospects and manage a pipeline to close
- Identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the market, products and benefits
- Perform effective demos of products and services
- Close sales, impact sales results, and achieve monthly quotas
- Accurately report on activity related to customer interactions via CRM
Desired skills and experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Self-assured, results driven, and outgoing
- Adaptable and able to manage time effectively
- Professional, fast and eager learner, and a team-player
- 1-3 years of experience in inside sales, sales or event organizing preferred
What we offer
- Base salary + commission + bonus
- Performance based commission increase
- Health benefit package
- In-office work and training
- Fast growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment