Senior Software Engineer
Whova is a fast-growing software company in San Diego and backed by Venture Capital in Silicon Valley as well as US government funding. We revolutionize event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, expos globally. Our clients are based in over 100 countries. We are a fast-paced, people-oriented company seeking candidates who are enthusiastic about cutting-edge technologies and will grow with us. Whova has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego 5 years in a row.
What you will expect from this role
- Tackle challenging problems and take technical leadership in a core product team. Yes, you may get access to the work that you are completely unqualified for:) When the winter comes, we work together to make the right sword to kill the dragon. We value people who are not afraid of the unknown and can persistently learn. That is how many young people grow their own career here.
- Make a big impact in a fast-growing company. Our software platforms evolve fast to support the needs of the growing business and millions of Whova users. We continuously break the old things to make the software faster, more reliable and secure. As we enter into a new season of growth, we are looking forward to the next innovation from you!
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go beyond to make Whova a successful company. Our team includes 9 PhDs from top programs; Our CEO and co-founder previously led two technology companies to successful acquisitions. We are a group of people who believe in using technology to make people’s lives better. Want to be the next leader? These are the people who can inspire you and empower you every step of the way.
What we expect from you
- Adopt design patterns, testing and automation to ensure fast and safe iteration cycles
- Take ownership of the quality and reliability over the projects owned by you
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Use your knowledge to coach your teammates and level up the whole engineering process
- Work with your Engineering Lead and Product Manager to break down requirements for new projects
- Value our culture and act as a role model for junior engineers
- Experience in architecturing and building backend services with high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Decent knowledge of building performant and intuitive front-end applications
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Some parts of our technical stack are listed below. If you have experience in these, great! We can get started that much faster. If not, no worries! A hallmark of a great engineer is picking new technologies quickly: MySQL, Python, React, Redux, Redis, AWS, CI/CD, and many other third-party API integrations.
- Base salary, medical benefits, paid sick and vacation leave, 401K
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
- In-office gym
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org