Senior Software Engineer
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, and expos globally everyday.
Whova is a fast-growing company wth brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Vetafore, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc. We are proud to recieve the San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in San Diego award, 5 years in a row. We also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award for 3 years. More recently, we won Event Technology Awards’ Best Product Team Award, and Global Top Rated Product in 2022. Currently, we are named as G2’S Global Top 50 Best Software for 2022.
What you will expect from this role
- Tackle challenging problems and take technical leadership in a core product team. Yes, you may get access to work that you are completely unqualified for:) We will train you to be prepared! Together as a team, we will create the right sword for you to conquer the dragon. We value people who are not afraid of the unknown and can persistently learn. That is how many young people grow their own career here at Whova.
- Make a big impact in a fast-growing company. Our software platforms evolve fast to support the needs of growing businesses and millions of Whova users. We continuously break out of tradition to make the software faster, more reliable and secure. As we enter into a new season of growth, we are looking forward to the next innovation from you!
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go beyond to make Whova a successful company. Our team includes 9 PhDs from top programs; Our CEO and co-founder previously led two technology companies to successful acquisitions. We are a group of people who believe in using technology to make people’s lives better. Want to be the next leader? These are the people who can inspire you and empower you every step of the way.
What we expect from you
- Adopt design patterns, testing and automation to ensure fast and safe iteration cycles
- Take ownership of the quality and reliability over the projects owned by you
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Use your knowledge to coach your teammates and level up the whole engineering process
- Work with your Engineering Lead and Product Manager to break down requirements for new projects
- Value our culture and act as a role model for junior engineers
- Experience in architecturing and building backend services with high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Decent knowledge of building performant and intuitive front-end applications
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Some parts of our technical stack are listed below. If you have experience in these, great! We can get started much faster. If not, no worries! A hallmark of a great engineer is picking up new technologies quickly: MySQL, Python, React, Redux, Redis, AWS, CI/CD, and many other third-party API integrations.
- Salary: $100K-$130K per year, based on experiences and skills in software development and management (technical lead, software architecture, engineering management, etc)
- Health benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k after 6 months
- 18 days/year paid time off/sick leave, in addition to paid holidays
- Collaborative office environment
- In-office gym
- Two company-provided lunches each week
- Working from home every Friday
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org