Whova is seeking full-time Software Engineers! As a member of our engineering team, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. You can either join the front end team for building and improving the mobile and web platforms or the backend team for building and improving the backend services across all Whova products.
Whova is a fast-growing company with customers in more than 100 countries. We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 Best Places to Work in San Diego award, four years in a row. We also won the Fastest-Growing Private Companies award in 2018 and 2019.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Build scalable front-end applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with the focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- You have a deep understanding of how the computer system works
- You are comfortable writing Python
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges