Whova is seeking full-time Software Engineers! As a member of our engineering team, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. You can either join the front-end team for building and improving the mobile and web platforms, or the back-end team for building and improving the backend services across all Whova products.
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, and expos globally everyday.
Whova is a fast-growing company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Vetafore, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc. We are proud to recieve the San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in San Diego award, 5 years in a row. We also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award for 3 years. More recently, we won Event Technology Awards’ Best Product Team Award, and Global Top Rated Product in 2022. Currently, we are named as G2’S Global Top 50 Best Software for 2022.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Build scalable front-end applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with the focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- You have a deep understanding of how the computer system works
- You are comfortable writing Python
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
What we will offer
- Salary: $70K-$100K per year, based on experiences and skills in software development (Front end(web/mobile), Backend, Full stack, database experiences, etc)
- Health benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k after 6 months
- 3 weeks paid time off, 3 days paid sick leave, paid holidays
- Collaborative office environment
- In-office gym
- Pizza Thursdays, working from home every Friday