Whova is seeking a full-time Back-end Engineer! You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will be responsible for building and improving the backend services across all Whova products.
Whova provides an all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, tradeshows, networking and business events. Whova is a fast-growing company with customers in more than 50 countries.
Whova is proud to be a winner of the San Diego Business Journal’s the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2016, 2017 and 2018, three years in a row.
Whova also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award from the San Diego Business Journal in 2018.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- You have a deep understanding of how the computer system works
- You are comfortable writing Python
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools