User Experience Researcher
Whova is seeking a User Experience Researcher located in San Diego, CA.
As a User Experience Researcher, you’ll drive qualitative and quantitative research to result in a measurably delightful and globally scalable user experience for Whova’s product. The ideal candidate will be driven by a strong user empathy and knowledge of research methodologies and experience with tools used. You’ll partner closely with our product managers.
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, expos globally everyday. Whova is a fast-growing company and are backed by Venture Capital in Silicon Valley as well as US government funding, with customers in America, Europe, Asia, etc. Our easy-to-use app brings people together. Whova’s headquarter is in the “Pyramid” building, San Diego Innovation Center. We are a fast-paced, people-oriented company seeking candidates who like working directly with customers and will grow with us.
Whova has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2021 (for 5 years now), and also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Whova is the top product in our space, supporting events in 100+ countries. The Event Technology Awards (ETA) — the world’s largest and most prestigious event tech awards program — recognized Whova’s innovative networking technology for four years in a row since 2016. Especially, Whova won the People’s Choice Award in 2018, with the most votes from event industry professionals, and also Best Event APP Award in 2019. Whova recently made into the Global Top 100 Software Companies in G2’s ranking.
- Collaborate closely with product managers to identify, define and deliver meaningful insights that inform business decisions.
- Lead user-centered research throughout the product development process, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (eg interviews, surveys, usability tests, concept tests, competitive analysis, etc)
- Plan, design and execute user and product usability research studies and experiments aligned with business objectives. Responsibilities include research method selection, tool selection, user recruitment, test creation, analysis and reporting.
- Generate actionable user insights for product features as well as concepts and and communicate to diverse audiences through effective written documents and presentations.
- BA/BS or master degree in an Engineering, Cognitive Science, or other data or research-centric field or equivalent practical experience.
- A ‘can do’ spirit combined with high energies and a positive attitude
- Expertise in conducting end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis and delivery.
- Experience with quantitative research methods, statistical analysis, experiment design, insight generation and data visualization.
- Effective written and verbal communication, storytelling, and presentation skills
- Ability to translate product team requests and needs into researchable questions in a rigorous and valid way.
- Self-starter who doesn’t hesitate to proactively approach in order to learn fast.
- Salary: $50K – $70K annual salary, based on the experiences in user experience researcher(years of UX researcher experiences, qualitative and quantitative research experiences, survey design, etc)
- Medical benefits, paid sick and vacation leave
- Fast-growing career potential
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
- In-office gym
- Two company-provided lunches each week
- Working from home every Friday