Whova is seeking a full-time Web Developer! As a member of our engineering team, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. You will be responsible for building and improving the web platform.
Whova provides an all-in-one event management solutions including a mobile event app to support conferences, expos, tradeshows, networking and business events. Whova is a fast-growing company with customers in more than 50 countries.
Whova is proud to be a winner of the San Diego Business Journal’s the Best Places to Work in San Diego in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, four years in a row.
Whova also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award from the San Diego Business Journal in 2018 and 2019.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Build scalable front end applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to Improve Whova’s web platform
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- You have a deep understanding of how the computer system works
- Comfort building across the stack in Java or Python
- Experience with any of the following modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Backbone.js, Dojo, Bootstrap)
- A passion for front end design and/or web application development