Father Edward Gonzales
Priest, St. Philip Parish, Dallas
Bio: Mexican (Born in Teziutlán, Puebla)
Ordained as a Roman Catholic priest on March 28th, 1981, at Our Lady of Guadalupe Basilica in Mexico City.
- Obtained a degree of Professor of Elementary Education, in the city of Puebla
- University degree in Higher Education by F.E.P. in Mexico City.
- Masters in Counseling and Human Development from the Iberoamerican University of Mexico City.
- Specialized in “Gestalt” Therapy by the Gestalt Institute of Mexico City.
His services have been mainly carried out in the educational-pastoral area:
- 1981-88 Director of the Elementary and Middle School section at the Inst. Don Bosco of Mexico City
- 1988-90 General director and Superior of the Salesian community of the Inst. Antonio de Mendoza of the city of Morelia, Mich.
- 1990-91 Facilitator of the program and member of Continual Education for priests and religious of the two provinces of the Salesian Order in Mexico.
- Joined the Diocese of Dallas in July 1991 as Parochial Vicar in St. Cecilia Parish
- Host for 15 years of the following AM radio programs: “Sintonía”, “El oficio de vivir”, and, “Aprendiendo a vivir”, at KRVA, KESS, KINF, “El arte de vivir” at 1270 AM, La Voz del Pueblo, at Univision Radio and now in the Catholic Radio 850 AM., which are stations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Pastor of the Catholic community of San Eduardo (1997-2006), in Dallas, Texas.
- Rector of Catedral Santuario de Guadalupe in the city of Dallas (2006-2013), Texas.
- Actually, Pastor of St Philip Parish in Dallas TX.
Mexicano (Nacido en Teziutlán, Pue.)
Ordenado Sacerdote el 28 de marzo de 1981, en la Basílica de Ntra. Señora de Guadalupe en la Ciudad de México.
- Licenciatura en Educación por la F.E.P. en la Ciudad de México.
- Maestría en Orientación y Desarrollo (counseling) por la Universidad Iberoamericana de la Cd. De México.
- Especialización en Terapia “Gestalt” por el Inst. de terapia Gestalt de la Cd. De México.
Sus servicios se han realizado básicamente en el área educativo-pastoral:
- 1981-88 Director de la sección primaria y Secundaria en el Inst. Don Bosco de la Cd. de México
- 1988-90 Director general y superior del Inst. Antonio de Mendoza de la Cd. De Morelia Mich.
- 1990-91 Colaborador para el programa de Formación permanente para los sacerdotes y religiosos de las dos provincias de la congregación salesiana de su país, México.
- Presentador de programas de radio, en AM, por 15 años, en el área de Dallas Forth Worth. (“Sintonía”, “El oficio de vivir”, y “Aprendiendo a vivir”, en las estaciones KRVA, KESS, KINF. “El Arte de Vivir” en Univisión Radio 1270AM., en la el área de Dallas-Fort Worth).
- Actualmente conduce el “Arte de de Vivir” en Radio Católica 850 AM
- Pastor de la comunidad católica de San Eduardo (1997-2006), en la Ciudad de Dallas TX.
- Rector de la Catedral Santuario de Guadalupe en la Cd. De Dallas TX. (2006-2013).
- Actualmente Pastor de la Parroquia de Sn. Felipe Apóstol en Dallas TX.
KATH 910am - Guadalupe Radio Network
Bio: Dave Palmer Conference Emcee
General Manager Guadalupe Radio Network
KATH 910 AM Radio
As Executive Director of the KATH 910 AM radio station in Dallas Fort Worth, Dave is well known in the DFW area for his dedication and on air presence for Catholic Radio in our area. Today he brings his talents and personable demeanor to host this year’s conference as the Emcee for the day! When he is not appearing at conferences and church events, Dave is responsible for fundraising for the station, procuring sponsorship (advertising) and maintaining relationships with current sponsors, organizing the quarterly on air fund raising drives and managing the public service announcements that play on the station. He also heads up a committee that is responsible for an annual Summer Speaker Series event.
Dave began working with the Guadalupe Radio Network back in 2005 as the GM of the then nine stations in the growing network. On October 1, 2006 KATH went on the air (along with Spanish station KJON) in Dallas Fort Worth and Dave was transferred to North Texas. Dave and his wife, Paula have two daughters, Ena and Maura, five babies in heaven and are expecting another child in May of 2013. They worship at St. Mary the Virgin parish in Arlington, TX.
Prince of Peace, Plano
Bio: North Texas Catholic Men’s Conference
About the Speaker, John Rovi
• For more than 15 years John has challenged and amazed a variety of audiences throughout the United States, Canada, China, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Mexico, with his approach on clearly communicating the fundamentals of personal growth and becoming your best.
• He's an inspirational dynamic speaker and seminar leader who works with churches, corporate clients, and professional associations to promote personal growth and individual greatness.
• He has the ability to not only communicate his message, but also motivate and challenge you to take action.
• His highly interactive style focuses on challenging your goals, defining your Why, and leading you to personal and professional responsibility.
• As an emcee, he keeps your event moving, the audience energized and the important content flowing seamlessly with light humor.
• John has the unique talent to make even high-level information interactive, and the most complex subjects conversational.
• For the past 5 years, John has written a monthly industry blog called “Mind Your Business” for USGLass Magazine.
• He is a regular speaker at industry conferences and symposiums. John has presented topics on exterior envelope consulting, sales, marketing, and professional growth. He consistently ranks in the top 5% of speakers.
Bi-Lingual Men's Conference Leader, Ft Worth Diocese
Pastor, St Francis of Assissi Catholic Church