Are you still using a paper spreadsheet to check in attendees at your event? Have you caught yourself sweating at the registration desk 20 minutes before the event only to see that the line of attendees waiting is getting longer and longer? We understand how painful that can be, and talked about how to make attendee check-in paperless and hassle-free.
Taking one step further, we would like to share useful tips that can help you check in attendees even faster and easier. Whova’s new features provide 3 different ways to check in attendees and help make your collaborative efforts with your team more effective.
3 ways to check in attendees with Whova
#1. Use the Whova web dashboard on tablet / laptop
At the registration desk, you can use your laptop or tablet to use the Whova web dashboard that will show a list of registrants. Search by a guest name, and just click one button to check in.
- Pros: It is easy to type on keyboard. It is convenient to monitor how many people have checked in, export the list into file, and sync up with your team onsite.
- Cons: If your event is large or suddenly have lots of guests coming in a short period but there is no space to add more staffs in the registration desk, you may want to have other ways to boost the speed.
#2. Scan QR codes with the Whova app
While some of your organizers greet people at the registration desk, some other organizers can walk around up and down the line with the Whova app. Whova’s new feature allows you to scan QR codes by using the Whova app. Each attendee will have his/her own QR code inside the app, so they just need to show it to you.
- Pros: You don’t need to ask an attendee for their names and be cautious when typing it out. You just need to get your app close to an attendees’ app and scan the code, which will take just 1 sec. It can also help your attendees be aware of your event app and download it while they are waiting in the line, which will help you increase the app ROI and engage attendees through the app during the event.
- Cons: As you constantly use the app to scan QR codes, you may naturally experience your cell phone’s battery draining faster.
#3. Search by a partial name and check in with one tap on the app
Using this method allows you not to worry about whether attendees have downloaded the app or not and if asking them to open their cell phones to show their QR codes will be a hassle (such as when they have multiple bags on their hands). You can still use your Whova app to check them in by typing their names. Just like the web dashboard, you don’t need to type the entire name; just type a few characters and the app will do the match for you.
- Pros: You can still walk up and down the waiting line and help speed up the process. It is a good option for attendees who haven’t download the app.
- Cons: It may be less convenient for you to type names on a cell phone, compared to other two ways.
Does it work with multiple organizers at the same time?
Whichever way you use for check-in, all the check-in information will automatically be synced up and updated to multiple devices. Several organizers can concurrently and safely check in attendees. You don’t need to worry about handling many attendees suddenly coming into the event all at once.
Want to try it out?
It is available for our customers using the Whova event app and/or Whova registration at free of charge! Simply contact us at email@example.com.