We’re honored to have been awarded Best Event App and Best Event Networking Technology at the Event Technology Awards 2019. As these awards are considered the “Oscars of the Event Technology,” we’re delighted to be a winner for the fourth year in a row since 2016.
Thank you to all our users and supporters who have helped Whova come this far. Our focus is to make life easier for organizers and to engage attendees, so we’re thrilled to have been recognized for our positive impact on the event experience. After an incredible year, we’re excited to continue the innovation and take our solution from strength to strength.
Whova: The Best Event App of 2019
Whova helps organizers run a smooth event by supporting every stage of the event planning process. This means organizers can save time while offering a professional and engaging experience to attendees. Here are just some of the ways our app solves the common challenges of organizing a successful event.
- Transform complicated spreadsheets into color-coded multitrack agendas by simply uploading a spreadsheet. Attendees can enrol in sessions and create their own personalized agendas on the event app, which can even be accessed offline.
- Limit the attendance for smaller sessions with the Session Cap to ensure a positive experience. Members of staff or volunteers can manage the check-in process through the app with just the click of a button, making it even easier to track session attendance.
- Check in attendees by the event, by the day, or by individual sessions. Ticket Mapping allows tickets to be assigned to specific tracks, days, and sessions, so your team can make sure attendees have the right ticket at the door.
- Make professional-looking name badges in minutes. The Name Badge Generator includes 17 stylish templates and easy-to-use customization options. You can tailor name badges to your event branding and individual attendee needs, then print them out on demand.
- Run live polls to spark in-session discussions, collect votes, and get headcounts. Whova offers a bank of 100 event-specific questions, providing you with inspiration and the materials you need to get feedback quickly.
- Save time creating and sending out surveys. Whova has 9 templates for conferences, exhibitions, pre-event and post-event feedback. You can also choose which event participants receive your survey.
- Generate your own branded event webpages using stylish templates, then embed on your website with one line of copy and paste. The Event Website Builder saves valuable time and effort, as it auto-updates every time your speaker information or schedule changes.
- Spread the word about your event on social media more easily. Whova generates eye-catching, ready-to-post images for you and your event participants to share on social media with one click. You can also schedule your social media posts directly in the Whova dashboard to ensure your posts get the most reach with the least effort.
Whova Improves the Event Networking Experience
Your event can be overwhelming for attendees if they’re attending for the first time or by themselves. They simply don’t know who to connect with and there’s usually no easy way to find out. Your exhibitors also want to make the most out of your event by securing as many leads as possible.
By offering excellent networking opportunities, you increase the likelihood your event participants will return year after year. With Whova’s advanced networking technology, you can take your event to a whole new level, delight attendees and exhibitors, and avoid adding to your workload.
1. Attendees Can Plan Who to Meet Using Whova’s Matchmaking
You can help your attendees plan who they’d like to meet at your event. Whova’s powerful matchmaking algorithm shows high-quality recommendations for attendees with commonalities, such as similar professional backgrounds and shared interests. Attendees can always add to their interests or hobbies to get more matches.
2. Attendees Can Self-Organize Meet-Ups Through the Event App
With Whova, attendees can easily self-organize Meet-ups with their matches during your event. When they click on a group of recommended people in the event app, they can join a Meet-up organized by the group, or start their own Meet-up. It takes one click and zero organizer intervention.
3. Whova’s Community Board Helps Break the Ice
The Community Board allows attendees to feel more connected before your event has begun. Funny icebreaker questions engage attendees and make it easier for them to introduce themselves. Attendees with similar backgrounds and interests can create discussion topics and exchange messages. They can also self-organize Meet-ups and share photos of the fun. This social framework even helps attendees share information and career opportunities.
Organize Your Best Event Yet With Our Award-Winning App
Request a demo to find out how you can organize a more engaging event, and to schedule your free Whova trial.